STSI is authorized by the Ministry of Labor and the Ministry of the Interior to perform the following tests and professional activities:
- inspection and testing of work equipment
- inspection and testing of boiler rooms
- testing physical and chemical factors of work environment
- testing of fixed fire protection
- testing of emergency (anti-panic) lighting, emergency power-off push buttons, emergency doors, fire dampers, sprinkler stations, smoke extraction systems.
STSI is authorized to perform professional occupational health and safety activities, as follows:
- expert OHS tasks at the employer
- risk assessment preparation
- occupational health and safety training (training employees for safe work, training employers, and occupational health and safety officers and representatives)
- performance of tasks of coordinators I and II.
STSI performs the following activities, as well:
- preparation of the fire hazard assessment
- preparation of the fire protection plan
- preparation of the evacuation and rescue plan.